This is Capt Bob’s favorite canyon trip. Extra time to fish for tunas, catch some tilefish and hook into mahi-mahi plus other exciting species.
The Gambler’s Offshore Canyon Tuna trips are a thrill!
Booking in advance is highly recommended. Please book early to maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer.
This offshore experience is for the East Coast big game fisherman (or woman) with extra time at the fishing grounds. Target is tuna, swordfish, mahi and tilefish.
Whether an old hand or a novice, The Gambler is the boat for the job. The Gambler is built like a tank, with extra roomy decks, she is the fastest boat in the fleet and best of all – she catches fish. And the Gambler’s crew is second to none – they will be with you from start to finish, making sure that you get the most out of your trip.
Trips are limited to just 24 passengers or fewer for optimal comfort and roominess. You will have the opportunity to take a nap or rest-up on the 90 mile ride off to colbalt blue seas.
We will have virtually everything you need on board. Rod and reel rental, bait (included) Available: hooks and sinkers, food and beverages, ice and a place to store you catch. Heavy spinning rod and reel or 20 to 30lb class conventional set is recommended. Our mates are always there to help when needed, from instruction to fish filleting at the end of the trip.
Sleeping accommodations are available, but bring a sleeping bag and pillow!
Don’t forget to dress in layers and bring sunscreen. Taking pictures is a great idea and you can upload pictures right onto our website.
Passengers will be boarded in order of reservation
If using a braided line, you must have a 100yd top-shot of mono only only at the crew’s discretion.
Please arrive at least 1 hour early to check-in and secure your equipment. The boat will leave promptly and can not wait for late arrivals.
- The only boat that features built-in underwater night lights that attract sea life from stem to stern!
- Closest Boat to the ocean – 1st Boat to the Grounds
- 90′ Super Cruiser powered by 4 Super-Charged Engines
- U.S. Coast Guard Certified
- All new electronics
- Heated and Air Conditioned Lounge
- Food Galley
- Large Upper Sundeck
- Coolers or ice chests are permitted on board and can be used to store food and drink or your fish.
- There will be food and drink available for sale on board, but feel free to bring your own with you if you’d like. A maximum of 6 beers per person of legal age. No hard alcohol or mixed drinks are permitted on a fishing trip.
- Our galley offers breakfast and lunch sandwiches including hot and cold non-alcoholic beverages.
- It is good to dress in layers and keep in mind that sometimes the air is cooler on the water than it is on land. We recommend a brimmed hat and sunscreen. If it looks like rain, we recommend a poncho. You could also bring a rag to keep your hands clean.
- Our crew works very hard to ensure that your trip is enjoyable, and gratuities are greatly appreciated.